Lessons learned

Forum for all TFF related games - Fan Footy Cash Leagues, season long banter and updates
Henke7
Fan Footy Yann Kermorgant

Lessons learned

Postby Henke7 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:41 pm

Small group on here but full of guys that know what they are doing.

What have you learned this year or previous years that you can take into next season?

Main one for me is try and not be too focused on getting off to a quick start and trust your Starting XI more.

I jumped off Sane almost straight away after being out of favour early in the season, he then comes back in and is almost a must have now at 4.9. Not looked but every chance I effectively wasted more than 1 or 2 transfers changing the shape of my team and chaining replacements before eventually settling back on Sane. I also did the same with TAA when Gomez played a couple of games at RB.

So in essence, have more patience :oops:

Yorkshire Exile
Fan Footy Don Fox

Re: Lessons learned

Postby Yorkshire Exile » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:51 pm

Year on year I get my starting 11's right.... around 50% are inside top 1k, 95% in top 5k. I am actually usually too patient with them but then by end oct start to feel i need to do some chasing.... which doesn't always work out. My focus has been on sky game this year - so I have plenty of teams which are well balanced and have loads of transfers. They are however around 100 points from where they need to be in order to challenge. Can I convert transfers into points.... going from ca 5000 into top 100 in previous seasons from march onwards proves it can be done - but I really need to make moves now so that by March I have a chance.... and I'm not seeing the opportunities just yet...

slarty
Fan Footy Leicester City 15-16

Postby slarty » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:04 pm

Don't say that any Henke-come-lately won't affect the promotion places :lol:

Scotty
Fan Footy William Foulke

Postby Scotty » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:14 pm

Fook knows how I ever WON this game as I have never got near to the top 1000 since.
On a positive I only enter 10 teams these days and lose interest by Xmas.

But you cant possibly achieve what you already have can you :agree1:

YOU COONT :agree1:
Last edited by Scotty on Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KingMonkey
Fan Footy William Foulke

Postby KingMonkey » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:13 pm

I do Pappis Cisse :Goal:

Schlocky
Fan Footy Tsutomu Yamaguchi

Postby Schlocky » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:10 am

Scotty wrote:Fook knows how I ever one this game as I have never got near to the top 1000 since.
On a positive I only enter 10 teams these days and lose interest by Xmas.

But you cant possibly achieve what you already have can you :agree1:

yep! fk knows????? :titter:

timmsy
Fan Footy Welch v Ingraham

Postby timmsy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Henke7 wrote:Small group on here but full of guys that know what they are doing.

What have you learned this year or previous years that you can take into next season?

Main one for me is try and not be too focused on getting off to a quick start and trust your Starting XI more.

I jumped off Sane almost straight away after being out of favour early in the season, he then comes back in and is almost a must have now at 4.9. Not looked but every chance I effectively wasted more than 1 or 2 transfers changing the shape of my team and chaining replacements before eventually settling back on Sane. I also did the same with TAA when Gomez played a couple of games at RB.

So in essence, have more patience :oops:

Sane didn't play when Mendy did so TBF that was the right call before the injury

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) 18-19”