Poms and Europe

Forum to discuss the major talking points from both home and abroad.
Muppet
Fan Footy Kevin McCormack
Location: There's a nice pussy there if you look really really hard

Re: Poms and Europe

Postby Muppet » Thu May 18, 2017 11:02 pm

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:54 am

Sacre bleu mon ami :Isay:

As much as I still think (hope) we can buy access to the single market which I'm sure most of us would find acceptable, I suspect the EU will over-play their hand :hmmm:

For example, remembering that these 2 items must be agreed before any negotiations start according to the EU, they insist on a divorce bill of 100 billion, insist that the ECJ has a foothold in the UK, that to me is walk away terms. :beglee:

Thats a lose lose scenario, they'll have a financial black hole to fill, both sides will face tit for tat tariffs, we'll suffer for sure but probably not as bad as the Irish economy.

Labour have clearly stated they wont walk away without a deal so that could be the bases of the next general election :hmmm:

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:06 pm

When it comes to financing some European country's should take into account how much they sponge off of others & thats about the only thing I agree with Trump on.

Remarkable how Greece whose finances are so bad still contribute more than their fair share :shock:

A simple easy to understand rule, get yer spending up to the 2% within a set time or yer out of NATO & the protection of Article 5 obviously.

Not that Corbyn would ever honour Article 5 if he was our leader :whatever:

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:44 pm

With this & and this, apart from the die hard head up their ass remainers, the majority will be even moore determined to tell the EU to go fuck themselves.

Get the Queens speech through, if they EU stick to a high divorce bill & the EJC having some jurisdiction, walk away, May to stand down, elect a new leader, call another general election. In truth, it may be a good one to lose. If they vote Corbyn in, so be it, the economy will go tits up & let Labour do their deal at any price. With his free Uni fees we'll end up with most educated dole queue in the western world :hmmm:

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:42 pm

Curious as to why the media keep on presenting the term 'No deal is better than a bad deal' as an indication that walking away is the aim cos it does appear that as a generalization, that's what the majority think?

True, there are some tory jihads that truly want us to to do exactly that but they're a minority but after the disastrous election result its a minority that could cause problems :doh:

Labours stance to promise a deal at any price aint a great negotiating strategy but generally the public seem to like it & even I would say I want a deal at any price but I'd prefer us to be starting with the walk away approach from the start of the negotiations.

I hope May's involvement will be short lived in any Brexit talks & she does herself a favour & stands down next week, as much for her own health.

Her replacement :hmmm: Boris is 2/1 fav, I dont think he's the buffoon some think but I've doubts he's the right person for the job :lol:

Gove is 18/1 :hmmm: I'm tempted :biker: Amber Rudd has to small a majority to be certain to keep her seat at an election but she's my preferred option :biker:

Tim Bisley
Fan Footy Eric The Eel

Postby Tim Bisley » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:10 am

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:37 pm

I didn't open comrades link.

On June 23rd 2016, had I had a a crystal ball that told me the weak negotiating position we're in now, I wouldn't have voted leave.

I would have abstained cos I felt my age group shouldn't really be the ones deciding the country's future, that is, until Osbourne started his scare agenda, that pissed me off.

The EU have repeatedly lied that they dont want to punish us, 'we' all knew that wasn't true.

We are where we are, last week, cant remember his name, said we could change our minds & remain but we'd lose our rebate, 10/12 billion? I'd have been happy for us to have used every penny of that to buy access to trade & limited access to the customs union.

Now, cos I dont feel we'll get a deal that will cost us less than that figure & being a pragmatist, in the cold light of day,the sensible option is to stay in.

I'll go further, I've never really believed you/we should be half in/half out, so, accept everything that goes with being an EU member state or get out & suffer the consequences :biker:

The tory's tories have repeatedly said they'll honour the referendum result but fairly soon they'll have to make decision, under the current climate they think it'll be a mistake :dunno:

May to step down, hold a general election, not a referendum.

Tories campaign to stay.

Labour? Will the real Jeremy Corbyn stand up :biker:

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:37 am

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:44 pm

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:56 pm

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:45 pm

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:51 pm

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:53 pm

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:58 pm

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:38 pm

Fook off Big Ears

Disaster looms :doh:

Lets stop pretending there will be a deal with the EU & accept the inevitable consequences & walk away from these farcical negotiations :oldgit:

Call a General Election on the bases of a no deal.

Unlike many who claim that they believe in democracy but in truth, that's only when 'they' get the result 'they' agree with, I truly am a believer. That's me accepting there's a clear & present danger of a hard left Labour government :mrgreen:

For the record, 'we' might see a different attitude from the EU if they truly believed we're walking away but we should still be paying 39 billion we agreed to cover future commitments & payment will spread over many years, as far as I know :hmmm:

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:57 pm

Next Tory leader betting :hmmm:

Javid 9/2. Not for me, he's not good at off the cuff questions. Like May, is fine if he has a ready prepared speech in front of him.

Boris 6/1. Intelligent & quick thinking but lacks a filter between his brain & his mouth but that comment has nothing to do with Mrs Radcliff stuck in an Iran prison. He apologised after claiming he mispoke but I suspect that he made the mistake of telling the truth which went against government policy :lol: As Foreign Sec. he'd be aware of the details of the case :hmmm:

Gove 7/1. Was 18/1 a year ago when I quietly fancied his chances, bit of a snake but would be formidable in debates.

JRM 15/2. Find him entertaining but his staunch anti abortion views makes him un-electable, would be more at home belonging to the Boston Tea Party 'bunch'.

Looks a poisoned challis whoever it is but I suspect the tory party will disintegrate in its present form. This present parliament will likely vote down any deal put on the table which will more than likely force an election.

The Tory party needs to kill off the EU division once & for all & that'll mean people like Ken Clarke, Soubery, Grieves & the other staunch remainers leaving or the other prominent Leavers fooking off. Its no good calming to be broad church when the roof is falling in. :oldgit:

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:43 pm

If they all left much much of the country would come to a grinding halt :biker:

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:22 am

World Trade Organization head has told the BBC no deal "would not be the end of the world...but it's not going to be a walk in the park", a fair unbiased view in comparison to Hammonds project fear on steroids :biker:

Did the PM sanction this release :hmmm:, if she didn't she should sack him, while she's at it,sack the useless Chris Grayling :mrgreen:

The line that she's too weak to sack anyone is perverse, it surely weaker to let Ministers to do what the fuck they like & perform like a coont is far weaker :hmmm:

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:12 pm

Good news for British racehorse owners :WorldCup:

Trampas
Fan Footy The Gift

Postby Trampas » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:23 pm

Muppet wrote:[url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45301966]Good news[/url] for British racehorse owners :WorldCup:

Cheltenham be a quiet place

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:30 pm

Nah, the difference will be British roars cheering British trained horses :agree1:

Trampas
Fan Footy The Gift

Postby Trampas » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:50 pm

Muppet wrote:Nah, the difference will be British roars cheering British trained horses :agree1:

Standard be like the ape

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:09 pm

Trampas
Fan Footy The Gift

Postby Trampas » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:20 pm

That’s cause you get to win races

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Minds beginning to focus. :hmmm:

Maybe the prospect of facing Boris or arguably worse, a hard left terrorist loving anti EU turd was the motivation :dunno:

Despite all the rhetoric, if the the deal on offer is anything like Chequers it'll be political suicide to vote it down for BOTH sides of the house imho :biker:

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:06 pm

I cant see anything I couldn't live with :hmmm:

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:25 am

I wonder if if its worth forking out £25 to at least try & stop them. :hmmm:

They must know its happening, rule that only members that joined over a year ago are eligible to vote. Entryism has ruined Labour, this could be equally as bad for the Tory's.

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:55 pm

Yes Prime Minister, not that I completely 'buy' all the scare story's including this one but I've not heard the Brexit jihads say a word about the loss of jobs if there's no deal.

Their, plan, if you can call it a plan is to gamble that the EU would have offered us a tariff, friction less access as we have now as a last minute deal. They could be right but I could win the lottery this Wednesday :spliff:

I dont fear WTO terms but I do fear for the number that'll lose their jobs as a result, not that I've 'scooby' how many that would be tbh, certainly not the number banded around which was based on the 3 mil + that relied on EU trade etc. Cos under WTO rules most of those company's will still trade with the EU but foreign company's who invested here cos we are in the EU would relocate away, why wouldn't they :hmmm:

Despite what Labour are 'saying' now, if the deal on offer protects job's etc they wouldn't dare vote against it cos its that or a no deal. That would be political suicide, far more likely to abstain :biker:

Return to “News, Politics & Current Affairs”