Newb

Say hello to the rest of the Community.
drafteleven
Fan Footy Newbie

Newb

Postby drafteleven » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:23 am

Hi guys,

new to the site. Been an avid fantasy football player since i was a young boy. im now no longer a young boy(26)

but enjoy it just as much.

Joined the site for a number of reasons...

To chat to fellow enthusiasts, and also to tell you about a new venture ive got going on which is bringing draft fantasy football to the united kingdom, and hopefully picking your brains as to some things you guys would want inovolved in such a game!

:)

SUZYKINS
Fan Footy Kevin McCormack

Re: Newb

Postby SUZYKINS » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:38 am

Welcome Pal, just dont ask Yani to do the updates :titter:
If its draughts..............Shrews may be your man :hmmm:

Schlocky
Fan Footy Tsutomu Yamaguchi

Postby Schlocky » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:10 pm

welcome to the forum
best of luck with your venture

in my opinion the best part of a draft is one that has no time limit between picks
in most drafts we've hosted I can't say we've finished many before the season started :lol:
then the one's we did complete got boring after round 1/gameweek1/matchday1 :sad:

the most memorable was the one we had in the aussie rules afl
as usual we always reverse the draft picks once the final player has had their pick

so when it was finally jellysticks' time for the final pick of the first round and first pick of the 2nd round he logged in after 3 hours had 1 pick then logged off for 24hrs.
i had to ring the coont 10 times to login and finish his picks :lol:
best of all me & jellysticks are in Australia so all the soap dodging poms were staying up until late waiting for their pick

the best one we had (2 years running) we ran and completed a draft and used FPL for the scoring
due to it getting boring in year one we split the season into 2 phases with a reverse draft for feb-may
we also introduced transfers open as soon as the final whistle was blown for the last match of the gw
that was fun :lol:
got boring season 2

tso
Fan Footy Talcy

Postby tso » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:12 pm

and Yani always fixes it so he goes first and gets umpteen picks before anyone else gets one :titter: :Bitter:

Schlocky

Postby Schlocky » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:19 pm

tso aka cryptic kev will play

that fat coont timmmmmmmmsy will only play if you are giving away a house for first prize

drafteleven
Fan Footy Newbie

Postby drafteleven » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:41 am

hahaha,

straight in there i like it.

We have been running our drafts inputting data ourselves for this past season ... and in fact have done it in 2 halfs as like you said it does tend to get a bit much for a full season. NFL is easier as theres only like 16 games to draft for. 38 takes too much commitment.

The webiste is currently in development and we'll be adding in options of how long youd like your draft to last... ie. 8 weeks/16 weeks/full season and let each to their own decide.

i was quite curious about new points that could be added in that are different from the fantasy points that are are awarded at the moment.

Anyone knows a defensive midfielder is always 2nd choice to an attacking one in the current system as they dont get as many points. Not really fair tho, want all players to be sought after, especially as theres no pricing system in play.

points for tackles made? blocks made? interceptions? ... what do you guys think?!

We currently have a 2 minute time limit in place for picks as like yourself we ended up taking a whole 6 hours doing it without them. Obviously if its going to be done online it needs to be done in a timely fashion.

we are on twitter if you fancied checking us out. its @drafteleven

not got the website fully running yet but are posting sneek peaks up until launch.

on another note, do you guys run your own premierleague.com fantasy league comp?!

Schlocky

Postby Schlocky » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:41 am

we use to run draft game for http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Crompton
Fan Footy Blubber Watson

Postby Crompton » Tue May 20, 2014 2:54 pm

Monopolising the boards.

:roll:

Trampas