Poms and Europe

Forum to discuss the major talking points from both home and abroad.
Muppet
Fan Footy Kevin McCormack
Location: There's a nice pussy there if you look really really hard

Re: Poms and Europe

Postby Muppet » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:51 pm

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP7Ps1A107Y

An accurate summary dont yah think :hmmm: :lol:

Tim Bisley
Fan Footy Eric The Eel

Poms and Europe

Postby Tim Bisley » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:13 pm

Article 50 won't be triggered until we have a full UK approach.

So that'll be never then. ;)

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:33 pm

Tim Bisley wrote:Article 50 won't be triggered until we have a full UK approach.

So that'll be never then. ;)

You hope :lol:

The EU have stated there will be no negotiations until Article 50 has been triggered yet some are insisting that another referendum is needed to approve the terms of us leaving :hmmm: Confused? I am, cos once triggered I thought it was irreversible, 2 years and out.

As someone who appeared so outraged at us 'idiot leave voters' who ignored the so called economic case, even moaned Osbourne 2020 plan was in tatters now BUT is a STAUNCH Corbyn fan, how anyone can tie Corbyn to financial stability should be locked up for their own safety :biker: :lol:

Tim Bisley
Fan Footy Eric The Eel

Poms and Europe

Postby Tim Bisley » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:50 pm

To be fair, they couldn't fk it up anymore than Gideon has done. :blind:

In fact, Viv Nicholson could've looked after our economy better than that pillock did.

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:27 pm

Tim Bisley wrote:To be fair, they couldn't fk it up anymore than Gideon has done. :blind:

'They' would certainly tax more, borrow more & spend more but would not necessarily spend it wisely. Given time a Corbyn government might well of brought down net migration without leaving the EU by going back to 1970's income tax rates. No fucker would want to come here & plenty would leave as they did in 70's, twas called the brain drain. :hmmm:

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:21 pm

Patrick Minford – Brexit and trade:

The UK would not need any new trade agreement should it leave the EU. 70% of exports are traded outside of the EU, all of which are under WTO rules. That remaining 30% would fit within the WTO rules.

Walking away from the EU, not negotiating a new agreement with the EU or putting up any new trade barriers will bring about a 4% gain in GDP, consumer price fall of 8% and an expansion of the UK’s competitive services sector to take the place of diminishing manufacturing output.

Agriculture (at just 1% of GDP) can be supported by direct Treasury payments instead of CAP, funded by just part of the money the UK would save from EU budget payments.

http://www.economistsforbrexit.co.uk/publications/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMO79OKOTVI

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:35 pm

“A UK vote to leave the EU would create heightened uncertainty,” said Colin Ellis, Moody’s Chief Credit Officer, “which would lead to modestly weaker economic growth in the UK over the medium-term”

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/04/22/top-german-economist-no-need-fear-brexit/.

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:43 pm

For those were/are daft enough to believe Corbyn when he said he wanted to remain in the EU :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVJZTxbCaKA

Pretty much dispels the myth that he's an honest trustworthy politician :Isay:

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:28 pm

Tim Bisley
Fan Footy Eric The Eel

Poms and Europe

Postby Tim Bisley » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:08 am

Are you trolling yourself? :lol:

Schlocky
Fan Footy Tsutomu Yamaguchi

Postby Schlocky » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:36 am

Tim Bisley wrote:Are you trolling yourself? :lol:

:binky:

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:07 pm

Tim Bisley wrote:Are you trolling yourself? :lol:

Trying to educate easily deluded juveniles who support Corbyns mad politics/policies/beliefs. There's always been a percentage of the population that share Corbyns communist views, I even might have considered voting for him when I was a 15 years old :mrgreen:

He's anti capitalism, believes in sharing wealth which is a contradiction, without capitalism there is no wealth :beglee:

He would pull us out of Nato cos he thinks their nasty to Putin :whatever:

Instead of just listening to what he says look behind the man, there's loads of evidence including youtube, the odious IRA supporting coont even claims he was responsible for initiating the peace process :shock:

He even calls Hizbollah his friends :monkey:

Tim Bisley
Fan Footy Eric The Eel

Poms and Europe

Postby Tim Bisley » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:02 pm

The fact you've labelled him a communist tells everyone that your point of view is worthless.

And learn to read something other than the Daily Mail. You might be less offensive then.

You can carry on preaching to nobody in particular now. ;)

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:16 pm

Tim Bisley wrote:The fact you've labelled him a communist tells everyone that your point of view is worthless.

And learn to read something other than the Daily Mail. You might be less offensive and ugly then.

Carry on. ;)

Who the fuck do you think you are to class someone elses opinion as worhtless :hmmm:

The old 'Groomy style' Daily Mail jibe eh :lol: That was his typical retort when he had nothing of substance to say :biker:

UGLY :shock: Cruel but true Tim :lol: '

Corbyn's bedfellows

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:54 pm

This can be found on the left handside of above link: Corbyn Model resolution:

The campaign to elect Jeremy Corbyn as the next leader of the Labour Party has set the political landscape on fire.

We don’t have any illusions that the Labour Party can be transformed into a Communist Party or that it can be “reclaimed” (it was never ours to begin with). But it remains an important site of struggle for communists: “Overcoming Labourism is a central strategic task for communists in Britain”, as it says in the CPGB’s “Theses on the Labour Party”.

The campaign to elect Jeremy Corbyn must be the start of the fight to transform Labour, writes Charles Gradnitzer of Labour Party Marxists in the Weekly Worker.

We urge NfA readers to move the following draft motion in their Left Unity branch/trade union branch (amend as necessary):

“[XY] branch of Left Unity welcomes Jeremy Corbyn’s success in securing a place on the ballot for a new Labour leader. We strongly support his campaign as it strengthens the left as a whole.

Left Unity needs a serious discussion on the Labour Party with a view to developing a long-term strategy.”
This motion was agreed by, amongst others, the LU regional committee of Yorkshire & Humberside

Anyone really think my comments/opinion on Corbyn were harsh :hmmm: That was a rhetorical question btw only posted in case any young or easily lead lurker doesn't know what they are really voting for :beglee:

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:43 pm

For some, its almost like Jeremy Corbyn had just landed on earth about a year ago. :mrgreen:

A long read but an insight into Corbyns past

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:30 pm

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:49 pm

Tim Bisley wrote:The fact you've labelled him a communist tells everyone that your point of view is worthless.

And learn to read something other than the Daily Mail. You might be less offensive then.

You can carry on preaching to nobody in particular now. ;)

Comrade, Why the fook did you edit out the word ugly in yer description of me :shock:

Its probably the only thing I've seen you post on either forum that I agree with :binky:

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:47 pm

Unless its doom & gloom about Brexit the BBC seem reluctant to cover it :biker:

Mervyn King

Yorkshire Exile
Fan Footy Don Fox

Postby Yorkshire Exile » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:43 pm

i'm in france for work next week.... I for one cant wait to be paying be paying 6 euros (£45) for a beer

Tim Bisley
Fan Footy Eric The Eel

Poms and Europe

Postby Tim Bisley » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:59 pm

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:06 pm

Yorkshire Exile wrote:i'm in france for work next week.... I for one cant wait to be paying be paying 6 euros (£45) for a beer

6 euors, £45, you should at the very least of chucked in a :lol:

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:16 pm

Economists are saying the pound was overvalued anyway, so did Brexit just give the market a wake-up call?
There are economists who point out that the UK was running a deficit - a gap between imports and exports - of 7% of gross domestic product. Some say this is because an overvalued pound allowed us to buy more than we as a country should be able to afford.
The upside of a weaker pound is not only that it makes our products cheaper abroad: just as for tourists coming here, business investors could also find bargains and want to invest.
Of course, set against that is the fact that the rules that will govern business post-Brexit are utterly unclear. Will we have tariff-free access to the EU? Will we use World Trade Organization tariffs? And will we abide by EU law-governing regulations? No-one knows, and business may like to know before committing precious funds.

Bottom of page

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:59 pm

Muppet wrote:WOW :shock: Didn't expect that result.

Gloom & doom merchants are in their element. :beglee:

Interesting times ahead, a new PM by October, for the record, I dont think it'll be Boris, Theresa May maybe :hmmm:

Labour must get rid of Corbyn to have any chance of challenging the Tory's in 2020.

There's no obvious reason to think the £ will regain much value in the near future until the divorce details are finalised. The only obvious impact for Joe Public is for inflation to rise but other than that I cant see any other impact on a day to day bases. I'm excluding foreign holidays obviously :mrgreen:

Getting seriously pissed off with obsessive remainers spouting we were too thick to anticipate a rise in inflation :mrgreen:

Yorkshire Exile
Fan Footy Don Fox

Postby Yorkshire Exile » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:05 am

Muppet wrote:

Interesting times ahead, a new PM by October, for the record, I dont think it'll be Boris, Theresa May maybe :hmmm:

Labour must get rid of Corbyn to have any chance of challenging the Tory's in 2020.

There's no obvious reason to think the £ will regain much value in the near future until the divorce details are finalised. The only obvious impact for Joe Public is for inflation to rise, the pound to be devalued, foreign investors to be reconsidering their investment due to uncertainty over access to European market, the govt considering paying into the eu in order to maintain trade, the 350m a day for the NHS disappearing as fast as a ukip left hook, a review of streamlining of eu legislation we can get rid of finding next to nothing and instead of relieving burden will actually require further work to transpose but other than that I cant see any other impact on a day to day bases. I'm excluding foreign holidays obviously :mrgreen:

Getting seriously pissed off with obsessive remainers spouting we were too thick to anticipate a rise in inflation :mrgreen:

Prophetic :clap2:

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:10 pm

Yorkshire Exile wrote:
Muppet wrote:

There's no obvious reason to think the £ will regain much value in the near future until the divorce details are finalised. The only obvious impact for Joe Public is for inflation to rise, the pound to be devalued, SOME foreign investors to be reconsidering their investment, due to uncertainty over access to European market, the govt considering paying into the eu in order to maintain trade, which is propaganda cos it would still mean free movement :beglee: the 350m a day for the NHS disappearing as fast as a ukip left hook,slightly worrying that people cant see the Leave campaign aren't even a political party let alone a governemnt, that said, twas a load of bollox :spliff: a review of streamlining of eu legislation we can get rid of finding next to nothing and instead of relieving burden will actually require further work to transpose which is what their paid for but other than that I cant see any other impact on a day to day bases. I'm excluding foreign holidays obviously :mrgreen:

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:38 pm

Yorkshire Exile wrote: a review of streamlining of eu legislation we can get rid of finding next to nothing

If you isolate much of the EU legislation over the last 40 odd years I'll agree there's nothing life threatening :lol:

However, I strongly object the EU dictating any of our laws, from what light bulbs we can use to the power of vacume cleaners/hair dryers. It makes sense to slowly go through all the EU legislation which will probably take years & parliament will decide which are kept or ditched.

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:49 pm

Yorkshire Exile wrote:i'm in france for work next week.... I for one cant wait to be paying be paying 6 euros (£45) :lol: for a beer

Spend yer money wisely Yorkie

Yorkshire Exile
Fan Footy Don Fox

Postby Yorkshire Exile » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:32 pm

Thanks....

I'm off to lyon :lol:

Hoping to get tickets for the juve game on Tuesday...... If I can afford them :cry1:

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:05 am

Yorkshire Exile wrote:Thanks....

I'm off to lyon :lol:

Hoping to get tickets for the juve game on Tuesday...... If I can afford them :cry1:

You'll need deep pockets, that's assuming there's any tickets left

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:26 pm

We already knew this so so why all the bollox about parliament debating what type of brexit, nothing to debate, there is only one :Gun:

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:48 pm

The most truthful down to earth discussion I've heard on Brexit for weeks. Its covered in the opening 15 minutes or so :biker:

Tim Bisley
Fan Footy Eric The Eel

Postby Tim Bisley » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:36 pm

Muppet

Postby Muppet » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:29 pm

Tim Bisley wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37670091

Mischievous recycling of old news comrade, if you require more detail look at Billy Whiz post on fiso :biker:

Return to “News, Politics & Current Affairs”