Manchester MTIBTYT Thread

Forum for general Premier League discussions.
Schlocky
Fan Footy Tsutomu Yamaguchi

Postby Schlocky » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:08 pm

A place for all Manchester Citeh & Utd fans to get it on

ding, ding

Trampas
Fan Footy The Gift

Postby Trampas » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:09 pm

Flipside
Fan Footy Kevin McCormack
XBox Gamertag: horse shit

Postby Flipside » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:11 pm

you mean me v Ireland, London, Bolton, Oldham, etc...

slarty
Fan Footy Leicester City 15-16

Postby slarty » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:12 pm

Are we having a Liverpool MTIWTYT thread?

mancdave
Fan Footy Jane Saville

Postby mancdave » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:08 pm

Where will city be when the Sheiks fk off? Discuss.

Col
Fan Footy Yann Kermorgant
Location: But you slipped, but you slipped Steven Gerrard, and you gave the ball to Demba Ba ....

Postby Col » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:29 pm

the 2nd division :thumb1:

Flipside

Postby Flipside » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:42 pm

mancdave wrote:Where will city be when the Sheiks fk off? Discuss.

Where will Yoonited be when the glory hunters turn their attentions to the teams that are spending money to win things? Discuss

Struggling to sell tickets as it as and you are the League Cup Champions of England.

AVIT75
Fan Footy Jane Saville

Postby AVIT75 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:13 pm

only selling around 74000 every home match, championship here we come :cry1:

Flipside

Postby Flipside » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:20 pm

AVIT75 wrote:only selling around 74000 every home match, championship here we come :cry1:

I am sure you are aware that all season ticket holders are forced to compulsory buy tickets for all home matches in the FA Cup and Champions league.

Yoonited have 64,000 season ticket holders. So in reality you are selling 10,000 tickets to tourists each week

AVIT75
Fan Footy Jane Saville

Postby AVIT75 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:22 pm

segregation etc, you know this really

AVIT75
Fan Footy Jane Saville

Postby AVIT75 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:27 pm

last year we averaged about 74000, when are you on about?

AVIT75
Fan Footy Jane Saville

Postby AVIT75 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:33 pm

well in 2008/09 we averaged 75304, so you could say we may be slightly down :lol:
its a recession and some clubs arent selling their allocations as well, dont think we are doing too bad

glazers and fc united are just things that work for city fans, try and ignore them :grin:

Flipside

Postby Flipside » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:53 pm

AVIT75 wrote:well in 2008/09 we averaged 75304, so you could say we may be slightly down :lol:
its a recession and some clubs arent selling their allocations as well, dont think we are doing too bad

glazers and fc united are just things that work for city fans, try and ignore them :grin:

I heard the Liverpool fans broke a few seats so no doubt that will account for a drop in sales at the next board meeting in Tampa.

Col
Location: But you slipped, but you slipped Steven Gerrard, and you gave the ball to Demba Ba ....

Postby Col » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:55 pm

fc united are fooking brilliant, what a story
but I aint cutting me nose off to spite my face

I know lads that have given up season tickets but what are they hoping to achieve

financial meltdown for the club they love, forget that

I dont own a season ticket but there are plenty at my disposal and I go regularly
but I wont spend money in the ground or megastore

the glazers are raping our club, there is no argument
but for every rich sheik who want city, there'll be 10 wanting to buy United
patience is needed, and if the likes of flip can show it in their pursuit of trophies

I'm sure I can hang on until the glazers receive an offer they cannot refuse

AVIT75
Fan Footy Jane Saville

Postby AVIT75 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:55 pm

yep sales are down, all our transfer kitty is to be spent on replacement seats

Flipside

Postby Flipside » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:01 pm

Col wrote:I'm sure I can hang on until the glazers receive an offer they cannot refuse

Maybe one of Sheikh Mansour's cousins could help you out.

It could work out well for both teams in Manchester and Trafford. You could then be our official feeder club when in the future you find players like Tevez who don't score enough. Rooney's gagging for a piece of the Eastlands pie. Will not scoring from open play in a full season tempt Bacon Face to cash in?

AVIT75
Fan Footy Jane Saville

Postby AVIT75 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:06 pm

Flipside wrote:
Col wrote:I'm sure I can hang on until the glazers receive an offer they cannot refuse

Maybe one of Sheikh Mansour's cousins could help you out.

It could work out well for both teams in Manchester and Trafford. You could then be our official feeder club when in the future you find players like Tevez who don't score enough. Rooney's gagging for a piece of the Eastlands pie. Will not scoring from open play in a full season tempt Bacon Face to cash in?

west brom ....open play....maybe next season

Col

Postby Col » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:50 pm

imagine if the sheiks had bought United instead of city,
what would half a billion have done to our club

we'd have probably invested in making our ground a 90000 capacity and still be filling it every week
done the league and cl double every year
yet you've won nowt and most of the players you've bought are gone, going or too shit to get rid of :agree1:

your only decent player is a coont and can't wait to get from there

city better win something quick or the sheiks will get bored and fook off too

Flipside

Postby Flipside » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:56 pm

Col wrote:imagine if the sheiks had bought United instead of city,
what would half a billion have done to our club

we'd have probably invested in making our ground a 90000 capacity and still be filling it every week
done the league and cl double every year
yet you've won nowt and most of the players you've bought are gone, going or too shit to get rid of :agree1:

your only decent player is a coont and can't wait to get from there

city better win something quick or the sheiks will get bored and fook off too

So now you are resorting to what if...

Stick to what you know best and keep drivelling out the tripe about what you were in the past.

The ref has to stop this, it's cruel, you are punch drunk and talking broken biscuits now.

Here's a bit of advice for you...

trigger happy
Fan Footy Steven Bradbury

Postby trigger happy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:17 pm

Yawn.
I am only getting to about 10 united games a season now, but the last derby game at OT was a cracker, if the daka dakas money can bring more competition then so be it.
But the table never lies (aside from a brief 25 hours over this weekend.

Flipside

Postby Flipside » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:35 pm

trigger happy wrote:Yawn.
I am only getting to about 10 united games a season now, but the last derby game at OT was a cracker, if the daka dakas money can bring more competition then so be it.
But the table never lies (aside from a brief 25 hours over this weekend.

The table never lies. It tells me Blackpool have won more than twice as many games as Manchester United away. It tells me Manchester United win once in every 6 games away from home.

But most importantly, it tells me that Manchester City are continually improving..

1st week in September Man City 7th

1st week in November Man City 4th

1st week in December Man City 4th

1st week in January Man City Joint 1st 8-)

Lets get a few things straight here in relation to targets. Last season City aimed to break into the top 6 and finished the season in 5th place target achieved

Manchester United's aim was to win the Premier League title or the Champions league, if not that then at least the major cup competition in England the FA Cup. They failed on all fronts. I suppose the fans were happy with a league cup win though.

This season City's aim was to break into the top four in the Premier league. Currently joint top of the table and looking like comfortably achieving this aim.

Next season City will be aiming to win the title and on current goals achived I would be confident of them achieving this.

What price City for next years title?

Col

Postby Col » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:55 pm

Joint 1st :lol: :lol:

You talk some shit yourself son,

We are top of the league yet we talk of the past
you haven't won a thing in 35 years but you know everything of winning trophies
united suddenly rate the league cup but city think it's a mickey mouse cup

both sides put out full strength teams when they met in the semi-final of said cup
it was a massive derby, I went to both games and it never occurred to me that city weren't arsed about it when you won your home leg and crowed about it until we played the 2nd leg, and we battered yer

you're a team in transition, :lol: :lol:
well thats cos you keep buying a load of shite every summer
has the half billion been spent well in your opinion ??

you talk as if you know rooney personally " he's gagging for a peice of the city pie"
do you share the same granny ho ??
he wants the same pay as some of the coonts at city, no doubt
but thats because he's better than all of your squad
the general consensus is that he was badly advised by his greedy agent
and that his bird can't face living in manchester anymore cus every coont is laughing at her

so the answer would be for her husband to move across the city, that would help eh

Flipside

Postby Flipside » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:07 pm

Col wrote:
you talk as if you know rooney personally " he's gagging for a peice of the city pie"
do you share the same granny ho ??
he wants the same pay as some of the coonts at city, no doubt
but thats because he's better than all of your squad

Go on tell me what he's done in the last 9 months or so? I suppose Torres is still the best striker in the world in your non time specific book.

Rooney isn't fit to lace Carlos Tevez boots on this seasons form. March 2010. Can you remember back that far? It's the last time Rooney scored without the aid of a penalty kick or his fat scouse head :grin: . Emile Heskey is in better form. Infact every Premier League striker is in better form than Wayne Rooney and we are not talking a couple of weeks or months here. 9 months of inability infront of goal.
Last edited by Flipside on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crompton
Fan Footy Blubber Watson

Postby Crompton » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This thread is hilarious.

United top of the league with 2 games in hand, unbeaten in the last 28 league games, in the 4th round of the FA cup after disposing of a Premiership team in 3rd round, still in the Champions League, definitely a team that is washed up and finished, thankfully we have managed to stave off relegation this season and I will be hoping next season we don't drop into the relegation zone at any point after the first few games. What's the lowest we can finished to go into the intertoto to try and get in Europe next season?

I think it will be a marvellous achievement if we can maybe stay in the Premiership for the 2012/2013 season and have one decent cup run, maybe get through the first round, hopefully get a home tie to make sure we maximise revenue.

It's amazing how we have not played that well this season bar a few games where we have clicked and City are a truely amazing side according to some City fans, yet they are still not walking away with the league. :hmmm:

Carrick has to be let go in the summer, so shit.

Crompton
Fan Footy Blubber Watson

Postby Crompton » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:08 pm

Flipside wrote:Rooney isn't fit to lace Carlos Tevez boots on this seasons form. March 2010. Can you remember back that far? It's the last time Rooney scored without the aid of a penalty kick. Emile Heskey is in better form. Infact every Premier League striker is in better form than Wayne Rooney and we are not talking a couple of weeks or months here. 9 months of inability infront of goal.

I'm absolutely positive Rooney scored with a header to open the scoring against West Brom a few weeks back.

Flipside

Postby Flipside » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:12 pm

Don't join City Wayne, or we'll kick your scouse head in.

Flipside

Postby Flipside » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:14 pm

Crompton wrote:
Flipside wrote:Rooney isn't fit to lace Carlos Tevez boots on this seasons form. March 2010. Can you remember back that far? It's the last time Rooney scored without the aid of a penalty kick. Emile Heskey is in better form. Infact every Premier League striker is in better form than Wayne Rooney and we are not talking a couple of weeks or months here. 9 months of inability infront of goal.

I'm absolutely positive Rooney scored with a header to open the scoring against West Brom a few weeks back.

I clearly meant open play with your left or right boot.

:lol: :lol:

Crompton
Fan Footy Blubber Watson

Postby Crompton » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:28 pm

Flipside wrote:
Crompton wrote:

I clearly meant open play with your left or right boot.

:lol: :lol:

Understood :lol: :lol:

Col

Postby Col » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:12 pm

Flipside wrote:
Rooney isn't fit to lace Carlos Tevez boots on this seasons form. March 2010. Can you remember back that far? It's the last time Rooney scored without the aid of a penalty kick or his fat scouse head :grin: . Emile Heskey is in better form. Infact every Premier League striker is in better form than Wayne Rooney and we are not talking a couple of weeks or months here. 9 months of inability infront of goal.

well spotted frank :clap2:

he's done nowt for all that time
but we're still top, and he'd still walk into your first 11

like I said elsewhere, if roo had been in top form this season the title race would be over already :winners:

Crompton
Fan Footy Blubber Watson

Postby Crompton » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:48 pm

In the Premiership this season

With Rooney twice coming back from injury. Both nutcases requesting to leave at some point and both have missed a pen this season. Tevez taken more pens than Rooney.

Tevez
1693 minutes
14 goals - goal every 121 mins
5 assists - assist every 299 mins

Rooney
897 minutes
2 goals - goal every 449 mins
7 assists assist every 128 mins

Combined for goals and assists

Tevez - 89 mins
Rooney - 100 mins

Obviously this doesn't take into consideration build up play to goals but goals scored is a pure stat based formula to use.

and this is with Rooney miles off the pace in some of the games this season and playing garbage and for some stupid reason on the wings in certain games or parts of games, if he hits some form he will better Tevez ratio under both headings come the end of the season. (NAP)

I will admit Tevez looks like a proper striker this season and a really top player for City. Hopefully he will tear his hamstring soon and miss some important games. :mrgreen:

Crompton
Fan Footy Blubber Watson

Postby Crompton » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:03 pm

binky wrote:dont do a dot and turn stats into rubbish

rooney has been gash compared to tevez lets face it

Crompton wrote:and this is with Rooney miles off the pace in some of the games this season and playing garbage and for some stupid reason on the wings in certain games or parts of games, if he hits some form he will better Tevez ratio under both headings come the end of the season. (NAP)

I will admit Tevez looks like a proper striker this season and a really top player for City. Hopefully he will tear his hamstring soon and miss some important games. :mrgreen:

Definitely pointed that out. 8-)

Crompton
Fan Footy Blubber Watson

Postby Crompton » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Don't quite understand that post and a reference to Dot the most bias, red tinted fan going:

Rooney has been fking garbage this season, the worst in his professional career and has been shite since Bayern Munich away back in March 2010 bar a handful of games.

Pointing to the injury is not an excuse just a fact, the same fact why Fabregas has not been the player he can be this season, his season has been stop start with his hamstring injuries and he hasn't has the run of games to get him in tip top condition and form. Rooney's early season form was definitely affected by the fact he wanted to leave the club, his head was not even there in certain games, indeed me and Roblee mentioned after the WBA game at OT when he came on as a sub he looked like a player who couldn't give a shit and basically walked round the pitch as though he was taking the dog for a walk in the park.

Tevez is imo in the top 3 players in the Premiership so far this season, his goal return, all round play has been nothing short of superb and if he doesn't win PFA player of the year I expect him to pick up the writers players of the year.

My point was to show even though Rooney has been utter total shite and probably should have been warming the bench in certain games, even though you can't play back in the form from the bench he has still contributed to goals.

Col

Postby Col » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:09 pm

And chi-chi doesn't tell lies :WorldCup:

AVIT75
Fan Footy Jane Saville

Postby AVIT75 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:54 pm

clearly photoshopped, he aint that small time, rooney will be back to form in the next 3 weeks i reckon

Col

Postby Col » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:15 am

as it happens avit, youre right

it was on twitter this summer apparently, he was talking about a mexican team-mate

some wag thought it funny to change what was written :clap2:

Return to “Premier League Banter”