Teams already looking a bit 'samey'

Henke7
Fan Footy Yann Kermorgant

Teams already looking a bit 'samey'

Postby Henke7 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:28 am

Got 25 teams this year and I went a bit transfer crazy over the last few weeks. In my haste I seem to have did my usual and started to diverge towards a fairly similar template. Anyone else doing this?

My current spread of players is

GK

Foster 18
Begovic 2
DDG 1
Moraes 1
Lloris 1
Forster 1
Pickford 1

DEF

Tarkowski 19
Davies 14
Soares 10
Valencia 8
Vertonghen 6
Alonso 6
D Sanchez 5
Jones 4
Banes 4
Walker 4
Dave 1
Cahill 1
Stones 1
Danilo 1
Toby 1
Kolasinac 1
PVA 1
Bailly 1
Bertrand 1
Williams 1
Keane 1

MID

Salah 23
Eriksen 21
Mane 18
Miki 10
Choupo-Moting 8
Alli 7
KDB 6
Sane 3
Doucoure 2
Pogba 1
Willian 1
Antonio 1
Richarlison 1

ATT

Kane 17
Lukaku 16
Jesus 12
Lacazette 6
Sanchez 1

Straight away it sticks out like a sore thumb my lack of Hazard and Morata. I guess 21 Eriksen's are a bit excessive so a move to Hazard there where I have funds seems sensible. Morata I guess can daisy chain with my Kane's and Lukaku's.

Defenders look widespread on paper but much of that is down to the odd blocks. Removing the blocks sees a pattern emerging again. In time I guess my Baines will go to Jones and perhaps more Soares shifting to Jones also.

My template team now seems to be something along the lines of

Foster

Davies
Soares
Tarkowski

Eriksen
Mane
Salah
Miki
Choupo-Moting

Kane
Lukaku/Jesus

Is this a good thing or effectively a waste of time? Makes me think I am better off just doing 10 teams next year as I never cover all the bases. I end up with an idea in my head and end up migrating most of my teams towards that idea. I can't help myself, I do it every year :lol:

Pottster

Re: Teams already looking a bit 'samey'

Postby Pottster » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:10 am

Your current 'samey'
Foster

Davies
Soares
Tarkowski

Eriksen
Mane
Salah
Miki
Choupo-Moting

Kane
Lukaku/Jesus

is very similar to mine although I haven't got many Salah's and have a 4-4-2 line up mostly. Hopefully sitting on teams like these will see a decent return, just need to resist transfers bar the odd one to tidy up a bit of deadwood or the odd chain to mix up my forwards.

Henke7

Postby Henke7 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:15 am

Good thing about Salah is he can easily chain with Walker/Alonso at times. Snip at 4.5m tho

Pottster

Postby Pottster » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:21 am

Henke7 wrote:Good thing about Salah is he can easily chain with Walker/Alonso at times. Snip at 4.5m tho

Went for Mane as I think he's a points bully, don't fancy doubling up with Salah just yet although I do have some spare budget to draft him in for a defender.

What I think is vital in this set is the Erik-Kane and Micky T-Lukaku combos, surely these will be the most consistent attacking combos this season, I won't be moving them out unless of injury :albino:

Yorkshire Exile
Fan Footy Don Fox

Postby Yorkshire Exile » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:12 pm

surely you are converging :beglee:

7lb claimer
Fan Footy Frank Sinclair

Postby 7lb claimer » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:24 pm

Tarkowski was a good pick. :agree1: Gives you more of a chance to find room for the likes of Hazard and Sanchez. My semi blocks of top six teams leaves me close to 50 on nearly all. I see what you mean by samey. All my best teams are Man U defence x 2, 3 or 4. I want to switch some of these to Chelsea after the Man U. game on Sat, but for the most part I'm priced out of it. Chelsea look good short term so I need to find an enabler as well if I do this. I've earmarked Doucoure but four transfers on a tactical punt might be a bit extravagant. I'll probably do it though :whatever:

Devilsweep
Fan Footy William Foulke

Postby Devilsweep » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:39 pm

The number of transfers is irrelevant if they are the right transfers. I remember doing 4 in my teams mid October in 2011/12 when I had 5 teams near the top and eventually came 3rd and 12th I believe. That said the CFC teams balance doesn't look right to me. So I'd definitely do it given they'll now get 4 clean sheets

Pottster

Postby Pottster » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:54 pm

Is Tarkowski becoming a bit of a 'must have' given his daft low price?

Mustafi looks to be fooked so I need to ditch him, Tarki appears to be a no brainer!?

In general if you needed to transfer a defender, who would you bring in if you had no budget restrictions?

Pottster

Postby Pottster » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Looks like today was the day to bin Micky T for Man City mids :OFFS: :albino:

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) 17-18”