TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

scrooged
Fan Footy Eric The Eel
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: HIGH AND DRY

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby scrooged » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:10 pm

The Elkmaster wrote:I've just played like a cunt


:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Muppet
Fan Footy Kevin McCormack
Posts: 3809
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: There's a nice pussy there if you look really really hard

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby Muppet » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:20 pm

The Elkmaster wrote:I've just played like a cunt


Welcome to my world Elky :WorldCup: :oldgit:

scrooged
Fan Footy Eric The Eel
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: HIGH AND DRY

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby scrooged » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:22 pm

Ive another team on 303 with 12 left so I have a couple of options.

Argentina going out I wouldn't mind one bit, Holland could also go out today :thumb1:

Got limited coverage in Argentina and no coverage for Holland at all, can ultimately bring in rvp/robben but might take a chance in one team and save the transfers.

Defo think that USA can push Belgium all the way also :confused:

User avatar
Muppet
Fan Footy Kevin McCormack
Posts: 3809
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: There's a nice pussy there if you look really really hard

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby Muppet » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:24 pm

scrooged wrote:I'm on 325 with 15 left. A plan is in place, but I'm wondering if that plan needs to be executed immediately, or whether I can still just select the big hitters until the quarters.


A German block defence might not do you any harm :hmmm: :oldgit: :oldgit: Though, I suspect that will be a popular choice for those who have held back on transfers :biker: :oldgit:

User avatar
Muppet
Fan Footy Kevin McCormack
Posts: 3809
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: There's a nice pussy there if you look really really hard

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby Muppet » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:58 pm

binky wrote:from what ive seen an argie block is the most popular


Interesting comment Boink :hmmm:

Seen where :WTF:

As we were 'talking about switching to blocks, its not likely anyone would do transfers until confirmation of team news, plus, Germany play before the Argies :titter: :biker: :oldgit:

Quite possible that those who can will do both blocks :sheepshag: :oldgit:

User avatar
Muppet
Fan Footy Kevin McCormack
Posts: 3809
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: There's a nice pussy there if you look really really hard

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby Muppet » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:09 pm

I get the impression that a few fancy Colombia to beat Brazil :biker:

Odds;

Brazil 4/5

Draw 5/2

Columbia 7/2

Fill yer boots if yer one of them which I'm not :oldgit: :WorldCup:

User avatar
The Elkmaster
Fan Footy Serbinator
Posts: 7453
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:47 pm
Location: Finding me feets

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby The Elkmaster » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:47 pm

When all else fails, bring in a Costa Rican defence :OFFS:

User avatar
The Elkmaster
Fan Footy Serbinator
Posts: 7453
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:47 pm
Location: Finding me feets

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby The Elkmaster » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:53 pm

Give up, late goals have done me :OFFS:

User avatar
mancdave
Fan Footy Jane Saville
Posts: 9318
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Dodging the narwhals

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby mancdave » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:33 pm

Just get a samsung

scrooged
Fan Footy Eric The Eel
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: HIGH AND DRY

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby scrooged » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:35 pm

scrooged wrote:I wonder if the 480 mark will still be there or there abouts to win it :hmmm:

Leader on 410...as to their transfer count...who knows?? hopefully 2-5 with several players knocked out!!

I'm on 325 with 15 left. A plan is in place, but I'm wondering if that plan needs to be executed immediately, or whether I can still just select the big hitters until the quarters.

Not having Luiz and Cesar I thought would have killed me off but I ended the day only 100 places down the table.

Holland and Belgium going out could cause mayhem to many.... :agree1:


Where's everyone up to??

(different) leader now on 432 ... so up 22 points, I've gone from 325 to 368... so 21 points gained :hmmm:

Have 11 players through to QF, and 8 transfers (too few/too many??)...can't work out where to go from here though!!

leaderboard is definately bunching however and i think transfers could be scarce :agree1:

Anyone ready to pounce.

User avatar
Muppet
Fan Footy Kevin McCormack
Posts: 3809
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: There's a nice pussy there if you look really really hard

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby Muppet » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:03 pm

scrooged wrote:
scrooged wrote:I wonder if the 480 mark will still be there or there abouts to win it :hmmm:

Leader on 410...as to their transfer count...who knows?? hopefully 2-5 with several players knocked out!!

I'm on 325 with 15 left. A plan is in place, but I'm wondering if that plan needs to be executed immediately, or whether I can still just select the big hitters until the quarters.

Not having Luiz and Cesar I thought would have killed me off but I ended the day only 100 places down the table.

Holland and Belgium going out could cause mayhem to many.... :agree1:


Where's everyone up to??

(different) leader now on 432 ... so up 22 points, I've gone from 325 to 368... so 21 points gained :hmmm:



Have 11 players through to QF, and 8 transfers (too few/too many??)...can't work out where to go from here though!!

leaderboard is definately bunching however and i think transfers could be scarce :agree1:

Anyone ready to pounce.


Am I ready to pounce :lol:

Not really, I'm assuming loads of transfers have now been burnt with limited success :hmmm: :oldgit:

For what its worth, I will have 8 transfers left on 350 points once I replace Dempsey & am French heavy so a German win would reduce my chances from 1% to zero :biker: :WorldCup:

User avatar
Henke7
Fan Footy Yann Kermorgant
Posts: 4868
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby Henke7 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:04 pm

I think i've made a coont of it. Made transfers last night in a rush about 8.50 without thinking of the bigger picture and now i have too many Arg and Bel is my team i reckon. I'm just below the 400 point mark anyway with only 5 or 6 transfers left so i'm just trying to win my cashies. Good luck scrooged, i reckon you have a squeak but prob going to have to choose a team to win it now and go all out with a block (if not already did so that is)

User avatar
aldo1
Fan Footy Manuel Almunia
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby aldo1 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:30 pm

I'm on 400 exactly with a good few transfers left but have not got the foggiest what to do now - have 10 players still alive but some are now inevtiably playing against each other. Team looks OK (on paper!) but WTF do I do with these transfers!!? - Half of me is tempted to just jump from keeper to keeper hoping for a shoot out!.

Also have the dilemma of wanting to take a risk here and go out in a blaze of glory trying to catch leader but also not wanting to blow my lead in superlegues!

Not sure if it's the same for everyone but I have not made a single transfer in my defence - have the exact same defence as I started with - sorely tempted just to continue this way but probably know risking a block is only way of really pushing up the overall table

Brazil getting knocked out tomorrow should shake it up a bit!

User avatar
Muppet
Fan Footy Kevin McCormack
Posts: 3809
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: There's a nice pussy there if you look really really hard

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby Muppet » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:00 pm

At this stage I would have expected to have formed a reasonably strong opinion as to who will win the cup :hmmm:

In truth, I've no fooking idea :doh: :oldgit:

France v Geeeeeeeeermany, could go either way but based on what I've seen so far, France might just scrape through, both defences are suspect but the French attack looks more dangerous to me :dunno: :biker:

Brazil v Cokeheads, this is possibly the worse Brazilian team I've seen :blind: but I think they'll go through, once again both defences look on weak side. However if big stubborn Phil continues to start with that fooking useless tosspot Fred, it could go the other way :sleep: :whatever:

Argentina v Belgium, I just favour Argentina for no other reason than Messi but I wont be shocked if its Belgium :tumble:

Dutch v CR, cant see past the Dutch along with every other coont on the planet :coffee2:

France v Holland final :hmmm: :fishing: :oldgit:

scrooged
Fan Footy Eric The Eel
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: HIGH AND DRY

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby scrooged » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:59 pm

France Germany game crucial to me.

If Germany go through :fap1:

If France go through i :cry1: but i have 8 transfers to sort it out.

scrooged
Fan Footy Eric The Eel
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: HIGH AND DRY

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby scrooged » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:26 pm

binky wrote:up there ive got 2 argie blocks and 4 german blocks
also ive got a belgium/germany mix



i noticed you made a few moves yesterday with a couple of big scores :clap2: :clap2:

I wonder how 'different' we will have to be now to win this.
The leaderboard is scrunching up and the overall leader is being caught too.

If they all have transfers in hand then maybe going against the grain will matter, but i doubt they have.

Apart from the RVP/Robben points V Spain and the muller haul V Portugal I've hit on most of the in form scorers, so i cant see how the leaders could have significantly more points without having spunked their transfer load.

If Germany progress i have options. If germany lose I go leftfield. Costa Rica in the final anyone ???

Interesting to see Aldo mention the keeper rotation i suggested earlier in this thread, you just never know.

:Gun:

Still need a good charge for the superleague title, but it's taking shape. :thumb1: :thumb1:

Yorkshire Exile
Fan Footy Don Fox
Posts: 7668
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:07 pm
Location: Coming 2nd to Sheffy in TFF 13-14

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby Yorkshire Exile » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:29 pm

Germany
Columbia
Argies
Dutch

For me...... i got no chance..... been going left field to make up ground which has been a fail.....

Teams got around 6 left so some should be respectable without threatening..... just pleased with the free entries to the elites for pl

User avatar
7lb claimer
Fan Footy Frank Sinclair
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:26 pm
Location: Where Chang meets Pistachio

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby 7lb claimer » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:46 am

My current X1 representatives .. France 2 Germany 2 Brasil 1 Columbia 2 Argentina 1 Belgium 3. I'll take those scores as well. Don't rate Holland but as Costa Rica are hardly taken at all I'll probably stick the cheat in.

User avatar
Schlocky
Fan Footy Tsutomu Yamaguchi
Posts: 26705
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Out of my tree
Contact:

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby Schlocky » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:26 am

Welcome back claimer

User avatar
7lb claimer
Fan Footy Frank Sinclair
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:26 pm
Location: Where Chang meets Pistachio

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby 7lb claimer » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:21 pm

Cheers Schlocky .. just worked out how much it's going to cost me .. Weeman League ,, Ten to Follow syndicate (only if Hurricane Fly has retired or better) various other Telegraph donations .. I'm a carpet down already :lol:

scrooged
Fan Footy Eric The Eel
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: HIGH AND DRY

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby scrooged » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:01 pm

Defining day today :thumb1: :thumb1:

Good luck all :woot:

User avatar
Dog
Fan Footy William Foulke
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:07 am
Location: Norwich

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby Dog » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:29 am

German blocks did me well today. Might take a risk and go Argy and Dutch defenders today. Both could win to nil.

User avatar
The Elkmaster
Fan Footy Serbinator
Posts: 7453
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:47 pm
Location: Finding me feets

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby The Elkmaster » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:52 am

Had a go at the daily prize yesterday, got 81 points which I thought was in with a squeak. The daily game has finished :lol: :lol: :lol: :OFFS:

User avatar
Muppet
Fan Footy Kevin McCormack
Posts: 3809
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: There's a nice pussy there if you look really really hard

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby Muppet » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:42 am

Dog wrote:German blocks did me well today. Might take a risk and go Argy and Dutch defenders today. Both could win to nil.


Sounds like a plan Dog :hmmm: Even better if you've got the transfers to switch back to a German block as Neymars out injured :biker: :oldgit:

scrooged
Fan Footy Eric The Eel
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: HIGH AND DRY

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby scrooged » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:48 am

The Elkmaster wrote:Had a go at the daily prize yesterday, got 81 points which I thought was in with a squeak. The daily game has finished :lol: :lol: :lol: :OFFS:



:titter: Andy done the same thing last week :lol:

scrooged
Fan Footy Eric The Eel
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: HIGH AND DRY

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby scrooged » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:22 am

Muppet wrote:
Dog wrote:German blocks did me well today. Might take a risk and go Argy and Dutch defenders today. Both could win to nil.


Sounds like a plan Dog :hmmm: Even better if you've got the transfers to switch back to a German block as Neymars out injured :biker: :oldgit:


Cant get my head around where to go from here.

409 points, 8 through, 2 to play and 7 transfers.

The play off game (which i presume counts) really confuses the issue. If you get your players through to the semi's then you are guaranteed two games, pending no major team lineup changes in the playoff.

The thing is, you could go heavy on a team that then loses their semi. This sounds bad, but they may then go on and batter their opposition in the play off. Not only this, they will play their game before the final, so you could still, if transfers are available, bring in players for the final. Ultimately, a losing semi finalist could be a blessing in disguise :WTF:

My head hurts :hmmm:

User avatar
Muppet
Fan Footy Kevin McCormack
Posts: 3809
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: There's a nice pussy there if you look really really hard

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby Muppet » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:50 am

scrooged wrote:
Muppet wrote:
Dog wrote:German blocks did me well today. Might take a risk and go Argy and Dutch defenders today. Both could win to nil.


Sounds like a plan Dog :hmmm: Even better if you've got the transfers to switch back to a German block as Neymars out injured :biker: :oldgit:


Cant get my head around where to go from here.

409 points, 8 through, 2 to play and 7 transfers.

The play off game (which i presume counts) really confuses the issue. If you get your players through to the semi's then you are guaranteed two games, pending no major team lineup changes in the playoff.

The thing is, you could go heavy on a team that then loses their semi. This sounds bad, but they may then go on and batter their opposition in the play off. Not only this, they will play their game before the final, so you could still, if transfers are available, bring in players for the final. Ultimately, a losing semi finalist could be a blessing in disguise :WTF:

My head hurts :hmmm:


You're 58 points behind, 6 matches to find those points :hmmm: 8 through, mostly Germans I suspect/hope :blind: :monkey: :oldgit:

2 to play, Robben & Messi?

I'm a gambler by nature, so, I'd be tempted ship out Brazilians, their missing Neymar & Silva & they'll struggle to score & struggle not to leak goals :WTF: I favour the Dutch personally so it may be wise to bring in Argies :WorldCup:

I suspect your head wont hurt any less :nopity: :oldgit:

User avatar
Dog
Fan Footy William Foulke
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:07 am
Location: Norwich

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby Dog » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:51 pm

I'm going for it. Argentina back 5, then Dutch back 5.

scrooged
Fan Footy Eric The Eel
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: HIGH AND DRY

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby scrooged » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:55 pm

Muppet wrote:
scrooged wrote:
Muppet wrote:
Dog wrote:German blocks did me well today. Might take a risk and go Argy and Dutch defenders today. Both could win to nil.


Sounds like a plan Dog :hmmm: Even better if you've got the transfers to switch back to a German block as Neymars out injured :biker: :oldgit:


Cant get my head around where to go from here.

409 points, 8 through, 2 to play and 7 transfers.

The play off game (which i presume counts) really confuses the issue. If you get your players through to the semi's then you are guaranteed two games, pending no major team lineup changes in the playoff.

The thing is, you could go heavy on a team that then loses their semi. This sounds bad, but they may then go on and batter their opposition in the play off. Not only this, they will play their game before the final, so you could still, if transfers are available, bring in players for the final. Ultimately, a losing semi finalist could be a blessing in disguise :WTF:

My head hurts :hmmm:


You're 58 points behind, 6 matches to find those points :hmmm: 8 through, mostly Germans I suspect/hope :blind: :monkey: :oldgit:

2 to play, Robben & Messi?

I'm a gambler by nature, so, I'd be tempted ship out Brazilians, their missing Neymar & Silva & they'll struggle to score & struggle not to leak goals :WTF: I favour the Dutch personally so it may be wise to bring in Argies :WorldCup:

I suspect your head wont hurt any less :nopity: :oldgit:


Yes muppet, loaded with Germans...but no Dutch yet.
58 points to make up is probably beyond reach...but who knows.
Depends on how many players/transfers the leaders have :ninja:

Quite like Dogs bold moves....but loathe to take out my German Block.

Definitely crunch time though....decisions decisions :biker:

User avatar
Dog
Fan Footy William Foulke
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:07 am
Location: Norwich

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby Dog » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:56 pm

Dog wrote:I'm going for it. Argentina back 5, then Dutch back 5.

Plan worked a treat. Just need holland to win the thing now.

scrooged
Fan Footy Eric The Eel
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: HIGH AND DRY

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby scrooged » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:00 am

Dog wrote:
Dog wrote:I'm going for it. Argentina back 5, then Dutch back 5.

Plan worked a treat. Just need holland to win the thing now.


Is that you out of transfers then Dog...

I put two holland defenders in but have transfers to revert back to full german block.

User avatar
Dog
Fan Footy William Foulke
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:07 am
Location: Norwich

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby Dog » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:54 am

I've got three transfers left in that team now. So yeah pretty much stuck with holland. I'll save the three transfers for the final.

User avatar
Dog
Fan Footy William Foulke
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:07 am
Location: Norwich

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby Dog » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:31 am

Wish I'd of saved a few transfers early doors. Blew them on rotating strikers that didn't score higuain benzema don't have enough to push on now. I'm pretty much down to 3-4 transfers per team Brazil block German block and Dutch block do need to see what's what and will use them for the final now. There all about 200th-400th so close but not close enough

User avatar
The Elkmaster
Fan Footy Serbinator
Posts: 7453
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:47 pm
Location: Finding me feets

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby The Elkmaster » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:02 pm

My contribution to this poxy competition is over :sad:

User avatar
Dog
Fan Footy William Foulke
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:07 am
Location: Norwich

Re: TFF Tactics - given the first 8 games

Postby Dog » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:50 pm

Goes without saying pal. Cheers for text yesterday.


Return to “World Cup 2014”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest